CAOSP abstracts, Volume: 28, No.: 3, year: 1999
- Author(s): OZKAN, M. T.; OKTEN, A.
- Journal: Contributions of the Astronomical Observatory Skalnate Pleso,
vol. 28, no. 3, p. 290-295.
- Date: 03/1999
- Title: Eclipse studies in Turkey
- Keyword(s): SOLAR ECLIPSE, SITE TESTING
- Pages: 290 -- 295
To observe the total solar eclipse, 7 candidate observing sites have
inspected and five of them were choosen. These sites are: (1) Elazig,
(2) Sivas, (3) Diyarbakir, (4) Tokat and (5) Black Sea coast (Cide and
Kurucasile. Planned experiments of Istanbul University Observatory for the
August 11, 1999 eclipse are outlined.
Full text version of this article in
(600dpi) format compressed by gzip; or in